I am back. This 1 sentence probably means that I will spend the next 8 months with my foot in a cast! It has been 5 months of virtually no running apart from some aborted comebacks. Hence the title.
I returned to running a little over 2 weeks ago and in an effort not to jinx myself I have refrained from recording here.
To be totally honest I have some pain in my outside arch still first thing in the morning but this I know is to do with the orthotics. The injury had the pain in my heel and there is no longer any pain there. The right orthotic (my crook foot) makes me feel like i am walking in stilettos. I actually think it is too raised and I need to come back from 6 inch to 4 inch pumps! I just need to get into town to see Andy Bull for a tweak.
But apart from that it is good to be back. I have bumped into many of you and I have to say how bloody fantastic it is to be amongst my running mates again. You have no idea how much I missed the commeraderie.
I was also concerned about the amount of comebacks I have had and felt embarrased about reporting 1 day of a return and reporting back to the injured list the next. But today I felt like I was heading in the right direction again. I do a 1.85km grass loop (*4) in and around RNS and Gore Hill Oval. Last week each lap got progressively worse as I struggled to maintain any semblance of form. But today each lap got a little faster with the last one significantly quicker. And my slowest today was faster than my fastest last week. Perfect.
Best of all we are going away to the Goldie next friday for a week. I love running when I go up there and was hoping to be back amongst it by the time it came around. It will be a good opportunity to take a few good steps with my running fitness.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Welcome back. You have been missed.
Have a wonderful holiday & I look forward to the return of the blog (but not the curse) when you return.
Welcome back! Please don't feel embarrassed to blog your comebacks or go-aways. We need to know these things!
Wow, miners out of the ground, and the 'fox back posting. Must be a planetary alignment!
Easy back, champ.
Great to see you back Nick.
Can we fit in a run this week sometime ? If not, when you get back from hols.
What curse I'm doomed.Glad you are back running again mate. I could be up for an early 6:15 challenge on May 27th if you are keen. I have no speed so you are safe with me.
Great to see you back Nick! No such thing as 'blog curse', its just we don't hear about all these things from non-blogers.
Run well!
Fingers crossed for you mate. Have a good one on the Gold Coast. :)
I know what you mean about the blog curse. I boldly wrote I was back on Tuesday only to fall to pieces on Sunday! I'm sure you well and truly back this time.
Have a great time up the coast.
Great to have you back Foxy - can't wait for further installments.
Nick,
Keep it steady and pleased to see you back - catch you around the Bay soon.
Mate, I will try and not add to the curse. Every time I tell you that it's great to see you back running, you have another setback. So I will refrain from that and just say that it is great that you are blogging again. ; )
Nice to see you on Sunday!
Post a Comment