Back into some better kms this week, however I have pulled up a little sore afterwards. The taping worked very well, but after a fairly long run on sunday I have pulled up pretty stiff in my knee again. F@#k. Unfortunately I got a bit carried away when I probably should have pulled the pin a little earlier. A this stage I am going to try and manage the problem. It shouldnt keep me off my feet but I think it is going to compromise my ability to bang out big kms.
I will see how I am travelling at the end of the week, but I am going to reduce the kms again to see if I can give it time to come good. Off to see Pano again on Thursday who will give me a kick up th a^se for pushing too much too soon but hopefully he can sort me out.
Anyway the week that was:
Mon 2/7: 6kms - Easy around Earlwood Oval.
Wed 4/7: 9.5kms - mid tempo run around uni, reasonable clip with juice left. Knee fine.
Fri 6/7: 8.5kms - tempo Ran to work. Knee fine.
Sat 7/7: 12kms. Paced 55mins at Homebush with a 2km warmup. Great fun and really enjoyable experience pacing. Lots of people backing up from different things and lots of ticker on show. Knee fine.
Sun 8/7: 32kms - 2h27m. Small crew but great company with Flakey, Gerry, Tom31 and Steve on the Balmain Bungle. The kms just flew by this morning and felt really solid however the knee has pulled up fairly sore. I made a couple of dumb mistakes, first and foremost I ran too far too soon. Probably should have knocked 5kms off that run. I also ran with my knee untaped. I was going to tape in the morning but ran out of time and figured it wasnt an all out effort so not critical. Will make time in future. Lastly ran in some different shoes without orthotics. Dumb, very dumb. No more of this. I was trying to give my heel a break but it has backfired on me a bit. I hope not but I may pay a price now.
Anyway, we will see how the next few days pan out, I am hoping nothing dramatic. Look forward to some better news next week hopefully.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey mate - hope you can get that knee back under control again. Would love to see another great marathon time out of you this year!
Post a Comment