What a difference a week makes. After feeling fantastic the previous, this week I felt positively lethargic. I put it down to a combination of things, a very busy week organising Earlwood and some incredibly humid weather. Fuck - what is the point of showers after running at the moment - about as useful as a three legged working dog with vertigo.
I have been spending a few evenings over at Earlwood doing one thing or another which has impacted on my main running time - after the kids have had dinner and baths. I may as well get used to this as they will become more frequent.
One thing I havent blogged is that I have been doing a bit of walking - about 30-35kms a week in commuting which I am not including in my kms. However not taking into consideration is like saying they have no impact at all. So no they dont count in the weekly kms however I am still doing them. There, thats better! Also swimming around 3-5kms a week, but that is enjoyable/recovery/its too fecking hot to run, and doesnt impact on the running.
Maybe with daylight saving finishing I can get into the habit of getting up early again, however I have had a real battle with early starts for some time now and tend to limit them to twice a week.
I am also having a real mental hurdle with that 100km number, I am getting close however I dont seem to be able to crack it. To be honest I take my hat off to those who can manage because frankly at the moment I dont have it in my legs for the quality I want. That is not a crack at anyone elses quality, take Steve for example who nuts out quality run after quality run, but I get to a point where I know that pushing a little harder comes at the expense of quantity. It really is a balancing act, and a matter of building up so that legs agree with what the head wants to do.
Having said all of that, I feel like I am in a reasonable position to have a tilt at a marathon in June and that I am is as good a shape(if not better) at this time of the year as any other. I even toyed (briefly)with the idea of a last minute tilt at Canberra however I am about 15% shy of where I want to be to run a decent marathon, so I will be patient.
This post started out as a prelude to this weeks training however the bile kept coming, will post the running separately for the week.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment