Sunday, March 25, 2007

Week ending 25/3

Mon 19/3: Headed out after kids baths and bumped into Steve at Stanmore - 15kms at 4.30kms. Ran down to the bay via Lilyfield and home along Norton.

Tue 20/3: Uniloop 10.25kms just under 44 mins, pissing with sweat after this run, felt very sluggish today. Bumped into Tim Austin near the main oval. Also bumped into Sue Kelly and her husband on my way home going to a seminar at the Darlington Centre.

Wed 21/3: Busy at lunch and in the evening, no run today (1st day off in 15 days)

Thur 22/3: New route - ran from Institute Building across uni to footbridge throught the back of Forest Lodge, DOWN sT johns to and around Wentworth Park anticlockwise, around Glebe High and around waterfront to Glebe Park, up Ross St to the uni and return. 9kms in 36 minutes, another stinker at least 31degrees and very little shade on this run, come on Autumn, hurry up!

Friday 23/3: Uniloop 10.25kms in 44.5 minutes. 34 degrees today. One of those days where you ask why? Enjoyment factor zero.

Saturday 24/3: Ran with Steve down at the bay. Early start and again felt pretty crappy, aim was to run a very solid lap of bay after warming up. I timed from 3 dots along Hawthorn to The bridge, 7kms in 28.20 for me. Chased 26 for 5kms and watched him dissapear in the last 2kms. I had a little petrol left as I thought we were going to head around the bay again, but when Steve stopped up at the bridge I didnt argue! 3kms warm down for 12kms. Another run where I felt a bit flat.

Sunday 25/3: We had to be at Earlwood at 9.00am today. With the benefit of an extra hour for the end of daylight saving I decided as the host of todays River Run star Ben McS had advised he would be starting the run at 5.15am for the MTG, to do this run solo.

I arrived at 5.30 in windy wet miserable conditions. Given the weeks hot humid weather however I wasnt complaining! So I set off into the dark and really ground out this run clearing all cobwebs along the way for my strider compatriats. Lots of fallen trees and debree along the tracks and after an hour this was a real slog.

Finished 29kms in 2h21 but it was hard work and not very enjoyable by myslf. Running the hills around Ryde/Epping was really tough. Give me group long runs anyday.

WEEKLY TOTAL: 85KMS

No comments: