Monday, May 07, 2007

Week ending 13/5

Last big week before a slow transition from endurance to speed. Had a good week last week and fought a few motivation demons but managed to get through okay. Was dissapointed not to race last sat as it was going to be a bit of a benchmark, but not to be. Spoke to 26 tonight and may turn up at Sydney Park to run the RBHCC on sat, will se how I am off for time but sounds promising.

Mon 7/5 - International be kind to your legs day. 16 laps outside the fence at Alan Davo with Steve, about 7.5km plus 3kms there and 3kms home. Very cruisy run, great catching up getting all the good oil from sat etc.

Tue 8/5 - Went for a swim at lunch instead of a run because I forgot my running gear this morning. 1.5kms. Bumped into John Dawlings having lunch at the sports centre cafe.

Evening 3*3kms. Great hitout tonight in very humid conditions. Splits were 11.12 11.03 and 11.03 witha 1km slow jog recovery between. Bloody hard work but you know you are better off for doing this run than not. I reckon that this is about as good a training run that you can get. Very pleased with the consistency as I was really shagged after the second rep and thought that the last one would be pretty ugly. 14kms all up.

Wed 9/5 Just over 20kms in 85 minutes. In all honesty the midweek long run is the one I really am not enjoying. I find he whole premise of leaving home after 7.30, knowing that I wont be home until after 9 very deflating. When it comes time to plan for Sydney, I am going to try and reschedule the midweek long run to the morning wherever possible as it is eating away my motivation levels right now. Still a good result tonight, the aim was to run a bit closer to marathon pace and the rythym was pretty good.

Thu 10/5 10.5km recovery. 2 uni laps 50 minutes, stiff as 10 men.

Fri 11/5 12km tempo 50 mins. Had some family business this morning and a work lunch so ran over to Earlwood to put the bins away. Purposefully held back tonight and actually felt very comfortable.

Sat 12/5 RBHCC - Sydney Park. Headed out to run the 7.5km race but piked on the 3rd lap and only ran 2 laps. Was r#%ted after 1st hill on the 2nd lap and could have continued on but made a call that tmrws long run took precedence as opposed to smashing myself for little reward today. Still a very enjoyable lowkey afternoon. Course was also horrendously short, at least 200 metres per lap. Still well put on and a very tough run - 3 nasty hills on each lap. I finished in 16.50 for what I would suggest was about 4.5kms(2.25kms per lap). Otherwise I have just knocked 71 seconds off my 5km pb! 9kms all up.

Sun 13/5 AM 24kms - 1.50. Due to Mothers Day commitments my long run was compromised as I had to be home by 8.00am. So even with a very early start I was only able to manage 24kms before I headed home to make pikelets with the rabbit (hahah she pronounces fikelets, it is too funny to correct!) for Mum's breaky. Really struggled this morning after yesterdays hills and was feeling pretty shabby, but got it done.

PM. 11km 47mins Wanted to get the missing kms in from this morning so ran 11kms at the bay this afternoon on very cactus legs. WEhen everything was in my favour I felt okay but running into the (slight)breeze or up a small incline felt awful. Was questioning why do this but kept saying better than not.

We are moving this week which will occupy a fait amount of energy and time this week. I have scheduled an easier week and it could be a moveable feast however I really now want to put in an a grade quality log run next sunday to make up for todays dodgy brothers effort.

Kms for the week 115.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Be good to see you at the Cross Country Nick. I'll be there. Could be fun if the forescast rain falls.