Still smiling 2 weeks later! Unfortunately not a great to report running wise. I have taken it very easy since Kempsey, however unfortunately that is mainly courtesy of a problem with my right knee. After last sundays long run I felt fine. However I woke on monday morning and noticed my right knee was very sore and tender. When I bent down to pick up Sam out of bed I realised it could be something more than a niggle as I was barely able to bend my knee beyond 90 degrees.
I walk to work after dropping the kids off at daycare which is normally a brisk 30 minutes. However it really didnt feel right and was quite sore when I got to work. Stupid as it sounds I went for a run at lunch and after warming up it felt fine and ended up doing a solid 9kms.
I spent the next 2 days off my feet courtesy of a very sore right knee, in particular after sitting for extended periods. It was still a little sore but seemed fine enough come thursday so I ran another solid 10kms and then again 11kms on friday and 12kms on sat.
After a lateish night I took my first sunday off running in I dont now how long with a view to starting my Sydney campaign on monday.
A work colleague asked me today how my knee was and I said it felt fine and only seemed to be troubling me when I bent it excessively. I then proceeded to lift my heel up to my backside to demostrate/test when it went again.
I dont know exactly what is going on but I am off to see an old mate Pano who is an ex cricket teammate and more to the point a bloody good physio who I hope can provide some answers. My gut feel is that it isnt a really big deal injury however I dont want to f$#k around with my knee and will be erring on the side of caution until I have a more concrete analysis/diagnosis.
At this point I am still up for Sydney, however I am not sure in what capacity. I hope that thursday will provide some answers and I can get back into my training again sooner than later.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should still be smiling!
Sorry to hear about the knee but you are doing the right thing. Focus on getting it right now & then the training will follow.
Post a Comment