But the reality is that I am as ready as I have ever been. My training has been both good in quality and quantity & have never run further or faster. So I am quietly confident of achieving my goal but am all too well aware of the uncertainty of the marathon. As my learned training pal says, respect the distance.
I am going to have a very light week with maybe 12kms in the middle of the week at race pace. The rest will be either easy or short and sharp. Lots of cotton wool involved starting with a day off today!
Tue 5/6 10.5kms - 10*1 minute and 10*30 seconds. 44 minutes
Wed 6/6 12.5kms 52 minutes.
Thu 7/6 7kms 34 mins.
Fri 8/6 5kms with 5 * 440 metres. Absolutely chucking and blowing a gale. Crossed the road to St Pauls and did a very light run with 5 440 metre efforts thrown in to switch on the legs. I didnt turn the stopwatch on, figured it wasnt going to make any difference to sunday, but I like to do something like this session before a race. Call me superstitious!
I went for a walk with Sam down to the River on sunday and took the camera down to take some photos. This is a section close to home but there are some great spots further down the river around Undercliffe that I will get some photos of another time. Beyond Canterbury it gets a bit mucky I think but they are working really hard on making it better. Nikki reminded me that the bay was a cesspit 20 years ago - look at it now. I hope they can manage the same thing with the Cooks River. Anyway this is going to be my running backyard for the forseeable future - I just hope I dont see my car floating past, or my recycling, or an underworld crim etc...

4 comments:
Nick, you have had a fantastic preparation. Have confidence in yourself - I do :-)
Good luck & most importantly, enjoy the journey.
Good luck on Sunday Nick. You run heaps faster than me I did 3:03 in Canberra. So you will easily do low 2:50's. Hope it turns out well for you.
You're primed to make that breakthrough. Banish all doubt my friend.
JD
Nick, you have trained the house down and are ready for the race of your life. Don't let fear hold you back. Enjoy every single minute of it!
Post a Comment