Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week ending 17/6

To all the people that took the time to contact me this week - thank you. This old hack is truelly humbled to think that people were interested. The quality of people that you meet in running is nothing short of A grade.

I thought about what next and Sydney was always the big goal this year. At this stage - yep nothing changes but I just want to get through this week before I start really ramping up again. I will make a decision after then based on how badly I want to run Sydney. One thing I know(with some authority...) is that it is not a place for being underdone or half arsed. I also know that if I am going to go all out I will want to beat 2.55.50, which may be too much given the difficulty of the course and time between all out efforts. Lets see how I feel in a month or so.

I may volunteer to pace again but at the moment I am happy just to keep the left elbow primed (best form of its life also!).

No running until friday this week when I headed out at lunch. After 30 minutes my quads were crying for mercy and I pulled my scheduled 40 minutes up short with 35 minutes, about 8kms.

Organised to run with Steve on Sat morning but the truelly atrocious weather saw both of us put our nighties back on and slip back to the respective warmth of our beds and partners who said you are not going out in that weather. For once they were right!

Sunday 21.5kms Iron Cove Bolter Star 100 mins. Cut the start short this week but nice to catch up with a few people this morning. had a great crew this morning and enjoyed the relative flatness of this course but was probably at the outside of my limits when I arrived back at the start.

Had a great debrief chat with Ray Wareham who had a similar struggle with the headwind last week.

Nothing dramatic planned for this week but will be back running most days again with a no guilt policy if I decide not to!

No comments: