For those interested attached is an image of the meniscus cartilage.

The good news is that I am booked in next friday, it takes 3 hours and I will walk out of hospital. I will be back at work, driving etc by the monday.
Best news is that I will be back running 6 weeks from next friday, halleleujiah(sp)!! Finally I know when I will be back, that is a massive relief. I also had visons of a lot longer out of action, so it will feel like christmas has come early.
Meantime I am boring mysdelf stupid at the pool and will continue to do so until I am running again. After that, slow and steady for the while, but watch out 2008, I am out to kick some major personal goals.

6 comments:
Nick I'm so sorry to hear that surgery is required but thankfully you have a 'return to running' date which no doubt will keep you motivated & inspired. Take care of yourself & I hope the surgery & your recovery goes well.
Bad luck on the surgery mate. But good to here it will be over and done quick and you can get back out running. So 60min pacer at Lane Cove is it?
Good to hear you are moving forward. I'm looking forward to joining you in some longer runs and trying to keep up with you.
Glad to hear you have a prognosis and a return to running date. Good luck with the surgery and hope it goes well.
Good news !
Six weeks is stuff all - looking forward to an easy Bay with you !
Merv Cross is generally considered the best. I saw him with my SF and he said I would be back running in 10 weeks and he was right. I think the news you have is the best - that is you know exactly whatthe problem is and it is being fixed bythe best. I am with 26 and look forward to an easy Bay run in mid spring as the sun starts to set and the cool breeze takes most of the days humidity away !!!!
Post a Comment