Just over 3 weeks back into running, for the moment it is a great pleasure to be back doing something that for a lot of the time we take for granted.
For the moment my knee has some restriction in the range of motion but essentially I am running pain free - a couple of grand well spent I say! The only issue I am having is with my heel again, I need to get this sorted otherwise I will end up back at the same place I was 6 months ago.
Apart form the heel its all good, gradully building my fitness up again, I am struggling to go beyond 4.30 pace at present, but I am in no hurry, I just want a base of fitness leading into the new year and we will worry about going faster and for what then. I am still swimming 2 or 3 times a week, I have worked fairly hard to get in some sort of shape so It would be a shame to let it slip too much.
Have also enjoyed running with the pram - I alternate taking the rabbit and the squeeler out for 35-40 mins from home along the river. This means finishing the run with a solid climb - that will whip me back into shape soon enough!
Have been hooking up with Steve on saturdays, he upped the pace last week for 2kms to 4.0s and almost had to ring an ambulance for me! It was hard to fathom that less than 6 months prior I was able to manage this pace for another 40kms...lots of work to do.
Look forward to catching up with plenty of people out and about over next month or so.
On another note I managed to have my review of the Macleay River Marathon recorded in our illustrious club mag, it was a nice momento of a day that meant an awful lot to me. I must say though it was a leveller to have Glen Guzzos pbs on the opposite page next to my lifetime achievement blurb - I guess it was the big guys way of putting everything into perspective! Here is a link to the mag - lots of good reading & my article starts on page 28 for anyone interested.
http://www.sydneystriders.org.au/Blister/102/Blister102.pdf
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great to have you back running Nick. Hope to see you back out at the races again eventually.
Wonderful to hear that you are back running again Nick. There is nothing like a long term injury to remind you just how important running is to us.
Nick
I hope your recovery continues to go well. Wishing you & your family all the best for the new year.
Regards
Jen
Post a Comment