Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Gabriella Marie - the final piece in the trilogy!



Everyone loves Aunty Marie. And everyone has an Aunty like her. She is the one who has the kind and calm nature, the love in her heart that envelopes anyone fortunate enough to come in contact with her, the person that makes all the kids feel as though they are the most special thing on the planet bar none. She always has something sweet in her bag and invariably turns up when you need her most.

But in 2008 you cant call your kid Marie. So (surprisingly!) it was unanimously agreed between the CEO and myself that if we were to have a girl Gabriella would be her name and her second name would be Marie.

On the 3rd of October, after a 2 week delay we were blessed with the arrival of little Gabriella Marie, who like her older sister, once she decided to grace us she did it toot sweet and like her brother at the 11th hour!

She has long limbs and big feet and hands. She has mums brown eyes and dads paddy skin. She knows exactly what she wants and is a very content thing when she gets it.

She is, without question, the most beautiful thing!

As far as running goes, the less said the better. Training has taken a back seat for a while and without anything to focus on the results have been as ordinary as expected.

There has been the plethora of excuses including viruses, newborns, delays in new borns, work, treading on broken glass etc but the bottom line is that I havent been putting in the necessary training to achieve the results I would like.

So leading into christmas I am endeavouring to be consistent. Get out most days and build a base. I will take it from there.

I would say that my major running goal for 2009 is to crack 2.50 fro the marathon. However it will require many prayers to Alah/JC/Buddha etc et al along with a good preparation and an enormous amount of luck. To be honest I reckon I have 2, maybe 3 years tops left to achieve it. I would dearly love to hang my hat on it as it is probably at my outer reaches, lets see how I go.

As far as blogesville goes, when I can I will - that said logging a goal and the training leading up always seems to run in tandem with getting the most out of yourself.

Will see how I go...

4 comments:

Superflake said...

Congratulations Nicky and Nick. A wonderful new addition to the family. Older brother and sister look very happy.

miners said...

gee - there's a great excuse not to be blogging for a while - and one amazingly wonderful excuse to return! Congrats Nick (and to Nicky).

Brendan Davies said...

Mate, congrats. the family eh...the apples of your eye

Mate, sub 2:50 is a good goal. I know you have it in ya!

Bren

Jen said...

Nick, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter. I hope the now extended family enjoyed their first Christmas together. My best wishes to you for the 2.50 and your family as a whole for the new year.