Still no running unfortunately. It is over 2 weeks and there is a slight improvement however the heel is far from beintg 100%. The other thing that has come to light is my right achilles is still very tender to touch despite the 2 week rest and some 'cruel to be kind' massage work. I am going to give my legs a very light run at some point this week with a stop immediately caveat if it doesnt feel right.
I swam again last thursday with a similar hitout to the previous day except with 5 * 100s to hopefully help build some strength so I can maintain some semblance of form when swimming. To be honest though lap swimming 5 days a week really doesnt row my boat, so I cant wait to be running again.
No exercise fri sat or sun, due to a christmas party on friday and a mates wedding in Melbourne on the weekend. It was strange packing my bag and not struggling to squeeze in the running gear.
Number 2's first trip on the plane, he is a very good boy, hardly a whinge. The rabbit stayed in steak and kid. Nice also to catch up with some very good old mates and thankful that not too many 'good old days' stories from our early 20s were aired in front of mother! However there was an enormous amount of dirt in the room and it was a game of russian roulette that most of us were not prepared to play! Also nice to talk about now as opposed to some very tired and boring old stories now that seem to be embelished proportionately to the years past!
Look forward to a bit of progress this week however I am prepared to bide my time if necessary.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sorry to see your still out SF. Lets hope that you can start fresh for the new year. Hope you have a great Xmas. :)
Shame you're not back on the road yet Nick. But hopefully with doing what you are doing it won't be too long now.
I'm curious about the Russian Roullete! I take it that its not exactly like the one that they played in "The Deer Hunter" :-)
Good caveat Nick. I use that one and the 5 minute rule (ie. if I feel really bad and it doesn't get better after 5 mins I quit) all the time.
Crossing everything I've got that your run is a success.
Cheers, 2P
Silverfox you could try bike riding in the gym. That works for me. I'm serious. Hope you get back on the road soon mate.
Nick, hopefully you can get out for a run or 2 this week. It would be good to hook up next week if your up to it,
Cheers, 26.
Mate, glad to know someone else hates the pool tiles as much as I do. But, it will certainly help you with the recovery so stick with it for as long as you can. Hope it won't be long till things are seriously on the improve.
and thanks so much for keeping track of where I was at in the lead-up to Canberra. I've really appreciated the support!
Post a Comment