Thursday, December 08, 2005

Officially stir crazy

I miss my running...Patience grasshopper. 11 days and I havent even broken into a stride to cross the road. In a vain reattempt to hold on to some semblance of fitness I hit Lane Cove Pool in the middle of the day (38 degrees!) for my first swim of the summer. I struggled. I did 500 metres freestyle(9.40), 500 metres with the kick board and another 500 metres(10.02). I really love my swimming but I hate the start again thing. The last 500 metres was hard work and to be honest I was trying to keep it under 10 minutes.

So whilst I cant run I will head to the pool a bit more and hopefully it will get a little easier. At this stage my foot is improveing but I think it may take longer than expected. I actually go to bed each evening hoping that I will wake up without feeling the niggle. Thewn I know I will be ready to go again. I am going to endeavour to remain patient.

At home we put up the christmas tree with the rabbit, she had a ball! I am not sure who is more excited about Christmas, her or me!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm up to day 27. I understand ;-)

Tesso said...

If you don't like the heat at least you picked a good time of year to be out of action.

Cute pics :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

Nick, the best thing about Christmas is the kids never lose the excitement. Even at 21 our son and his wife come home to help put the tree up! It's a very special time.

Enjoy the swimming and be careful of sunburn. Water reflection can be very cruel.

TA

2P said...

Nick, don't kids just make Christmas that much better?

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - that is the nicest compliment I've ever had on my running.

Like Aunty says the swimming will be good for your fitness - hope the foot gets better soon :-)

Superflake said...

The swimming will be good for your foot as you obviously will be kicking up and down the pool. Stay patient and you will be back soon. Look forward to joining you one the road to Canberra.

Horrie said...

Nice to hear that you are resting Nick. Lovely photos of the family with the Christmas tree as well. You will appreciate the rest when your foot is pain free. And then you will be blasting off again.

Unknown said...

Silverfox, what beauiful photos of the 'rabbit'! I hope Santa doesn't forget to bring you lots of goodies as well!