Saturday, July 29, 2006
5km challenge
First time I have run the 5km challenge with the 7.15 crew in several years. In fact the last time I ran at 7.15 there was this tubby little pommy fella called Martin who ran 20 minutes.something seconds. Well the same bloke now runs 17.20...and is dissapointed! I ran over to the start from Montage and headed off with the 19 minute crew. I always make a point of staying off the front in these things as invariably you get sucked in to running too fast too early. At 1km in 3.40 I started easing past a few and by 1.5kms I was into my own rythym. Managed nice even splits of 3.40,3.40, 3.45, 3.45 and 3.39 to come home in 18.30. Still a way off the pb but a really solid effort. Jogged back to the start and then back to Montage for 16kms all up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment