A long time between posts previous would have suggested injury. But life has delivered a few throat balls over the last few weeks. I am happy to report that apart from probably not doing enough kms my running has been pretty consistant and still improving each time I head out. Work has been shocking, just f%$king busy and very stressful dealing with deadline after deadline. I am using an awful lot of emotional petrol there at present and to be honest that outlay isnt being reflected in the paycheck at the end of the week. But the reality is that the bills need paying, so until something else comes up it will be the devil I know(and the last time I bleat about it here). On the home front mothers mother had a massive stroke since I last blogged and unfortunately the family are counting the days. It has been incredibly heartbreaking as they watch on helplessly. We have spent a lot of time at the hospital throwing the kids night time routines out and exposing them to a vast array of illnesses that they have managed to pick up along the way.
I have also struggled out of bed just to get ready for work let alone 2 hours earlier to run so apart from the weekends I have run at lunchtime. I am struggling also to remember exactly what I did on what days but will give it a crack.
July 5 - No running busy at work
July 6 - No running busy at work
July 7 - Grass loop 5 laps all under 7.50.
July 8 - Dog loop bay lap 38 minutes
July 9 - 10 bridges classic 30kms 2.34 icluding all stops - another confidence building effort, a solid run still using the fats ethos of eating is cheating. 2nd full length star.
July 10 - Grass run taking out the hill next to the cemetry
July 11 - Bridge run
July 12 - A new loop down the bush track down from the highway to/across River Rd. Bush Trail to Ford St then down to Shell Park around to the sailing club, back up Vista to the pedestrain bridge over Gore Creek, then a solid climb back to Cows Nest. Past fitne$$ fir$t on to the highway and back to work.
July 13 - 5 laps of the grass loop all under 7.45 and the last a cracking 7.23. A bloody solid effort.
July 14 - No running busy at work
July 15 - Lap of the bay 28.30.
July 16 - Western Wanderer 32.3kms 2.32 including all stops. A great run with some cracking spurts including trying to hang on to Springer around Concord Golf Course. The entire run was in a blanket of fog apart from the last 5kms around the bay. I am definitely getting stronger with each long run.
Phew - a bit to get through. I have had a few thoughts about how this all stacks up in the big scheme of things re running a fast Sydney. I will leave for another post as I havent really pieced it all together yet and to be honest blogging properly is hard at the moment as I just havent had the time. Just to say the next few weeks/month will be critical.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear your news Nick. My thoughts are with you & your family.
Nick, please forgive me for presuming to give you advice, but don't add stress on stress on stress by worrying about how you're running. Let your running be a stress relief, not a stress cause. Run for fun until the family and work issues subside a little.
Gnome
Hang in there Nick. Hope to see you around the bay again when I drop over. Good run on that Western Wanderer. Fast course.
Post a Comment