Wednesday - 23/6
There have been times recently where I felt that with all the things going on right now I would implode! Sometimes I think I don't cope with things that fall outside my realm of control, but on reflection I actually do cope and reasonably well.
Work is quite stressful at present and I am anxious about some significant changes that are about to occur. My biggest fear is not so much the changes, it is that I am going to get my priorities arse up with the impending addition. But I refuse to let that happen.
The changes are in the main all good and positive, it just happens that they are all occurring at the same time. I hate doing things half baked but I can see that in July/August I am going to be spread quite thin.
Running is my main pressure valve at the moment and at present I am finding I cannot go for a lunch time run without going balls out. Today I do one of my regular runs I call the bridge run. It is basically from my office in St Leonards to the steps at the southern end of the bridge and return.
It is pretty much downhill to/up hill back and just under 12kms. Normally I do this toughish run in 52 - 53 minutes but with a head full of year end/baby/secret squirrel work stuff etc I managed in 49.30 today. I really should have been taking a bit easier as it then just impacts on the next day on and on...learn to enjoy the easy days!
But I always enjoy this run, I do this if I want to run and be around people, most of the runs around my work I would be lucky to see 1 runner and it does get a little lonely. The deck of the bridge is great even if a little crowded, always school kids and tourists taking in the harbour and sights. It is nice to see people smiling and enjoying their day!
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment