Thursday, June 30, 2005

a wooly end to the fin year

Wednesday 29/6

No run today - too busy and too stressed! I have half a dozen deadlines at work over the next 2 weeks and one baby due! I am feeling really fried.

Thursday 30/6

What a difference a day makes.

I left work yesterday with the dark cloud of an unfinished task that I had been working on for 2 days solid. Everything that I am doing going forward for the next 2 weeks hinged on getting this right. I had promised myself that would have it finished by stumps and despite giving it my best, I got to a point where I knew it wouldn't happen.
But within an hour off a fresh start, I cracked the uncrackable and things started falling back into place. Whew. But man, did I need to run today.

The rain and wind was belting at my office window but I was determined to get out, for my sanity! That very sanity was being seriously questioned by colleagues as they saw me head to the lifts with my running bag!

Normally I would head over to Gore Hill Oval on a thursday before a race for some form of short intervals, however I don't think I will be racing on sat and if I wanted to use the oval I would have needed flippers!

I wanted to run for around 35-40 minutes, so I headed down to Greenwich Pier, came back via Wollstonecroft and across to Crows Nest and back to work. I didn't bother too much with time but covered around 8kms in 35 minutes.

A bit of a nothing run but one I really needed for the space between the ears. Sometimes, I truelly believe that these are the most important.

1 comment:

CJ said...

I agree SF - there are times when its just good to get outside and run off the stresses of the day. It certainly works for me. And if I can't run I get in the pool and thrash out some laps.