I really love doing the sunday morning stars. You get to catch up with so many people and you manage to drag efforts out of yourself that you wouldn't by yourself, all on a weekly basis. But I decided last night I was not going to run them until after baby arrives. I made this decision because of the amount of time it takes and the fact that my mobile tracking device, which I use sparingly at the best of times was mucking up.
I only carry my mobile when necessary. I admit I am very old fashioned and figure if someone really needs to get in touch with me they will, likewise vice-versa. However they are quite useful in an emergency. I am often amazed at the 'emergencies' so many people are having as they drive there cars and furiously plug away at there keypads whilst not noticing the bus about to pull out or the kid walking close to the side of the road, but that is another story.
It is an old brick of a thing and I discovered at last sundays star that it will switch itself off without notice even when fully charged. So by the time I leave home at 5.30 and arrive home at 9.30/10.00am I am away for at least 4 hours. Mother was in labour for a grand total of 3 hours with the rabbit...
So for the first sunday morning in quite some time I slept in. The rabbit was so happy to see her daddy first thing on sunday morning she filled her nappy with joy! We had a great morning and the fox's decided to head down to the bay at around 10.30 for a walk. We never do these things on sunday morning so it was really nice. I do confess to have had my running gear as my
first layer under the tracky dacks...just in case!
When we arrived home I decided that whilst the rabbit slept I would pop out and do a quick 17kms. I whacked on the headphones and took off from home up Stanmore Road, through the back of Stanmore down to Petersham Oval, across Parramatta Rd at the overpass and down the hawthorne canal pathway from Parramatta Road. I follow the canal down the bay run and return back home.
I left home with an all weather jacket on but took it off at around 5kms. I really went hard from the getgo today and was initially running 4.0something kms to 5kms. I bumped into AndrewFF53 & wonderdog Caro at the Apia Club. Andrew was one of the first coolrunners I met and he really is a nice bloke, I always enjoy his company. He also has a littlun about the same age as the rabbit so it is always nice to catch up. We ran a lap of the bay at around 5.00kms and then I headed back to Stanmore via Hawthorne Canal.
I don't often run from the 'front door', purely because to be honest it is quite uninspiring running around my drab local streets. Running in a spot that I find aesthetically pleasing seems to keep me motivated so I will invariably jump in the car, even if it is only for 10 minutes.
A nice semi long hitout in 1.20 and a really nice weekend with the family.
I only carry my mobile when necessary. I admit I am very old fashioned and figure if someone really needs to get in touch with me they will, likewise vice-versa. However they are quite useful in an emergency. I am often amazed at the 'emergencies' so many people are having as they drive there cars and furiously plug away at there keypads whilst not noticing the bus about to pull out or the kid walking close to the side of the road, but that is another story.
It is an old brick of a thing and I discovered at last sundays star that it will switch itself off without notice even when fully charged. So by the time I leave home at 5.30 and arrive home at 9.30/10.00am I am away for at least 4 hours. Mother was in labour for a grand total of 3 hours with the rabbit...
So for the first sunday morning in quite some time I slept in. The rabbit was so happy to see her daddy first thing on sunday morning she filled her nappy with joy! We had a great morning and the fox's decided to head down to the bay at around 10.30 for a walk. We never do these things on sunday morning so it was really nice. I do confess to have had my running gear as my
first layer under the tracky dacks...just in case!
When we arrived home I decided that whilst the rabbit slept I would pop out and do a quick 17kms. I whacked on the headphones and took off from home up Stanmore Road, through the back of Stanmore down to Petersham Oval, across Parramatta Rd at the overpass and down the hawthorne canal pathway from Parramatta Road. I follow the canal down the bay run and return back home.
I left home with an all weather jacket on but took it off at around 5kms. I really went hard from the getgo today and was initially running 4.0something kms to 5kms. I bumped into AndrewFF53 & wonderdog Caro at the Apia Club. Andrew was one of the first coolrunners I met and he really is a nice bloke, I always enjoy his company. He also has a littlun about the same age as the rabbit so it is always nice to catch up. We ran a lap of the bay at around 5.00kms and then I headed back to Stanmore via Hawthorne Canal.
I don't often run from the 'front door', purely because to be honest it is quite uninspiring running around my drab local streets. Running in a spot that I find aesthetically pleasing seems to keep me motivated so I will invariably jump in the car, even if it is only for 10 minutes.
A nice semi long hitout in 1.20 and a really nice weekend with the family.

1 comment:
Hey SFox, do you know how many times I have run Newtown, Stanmore, Petersham oval to Hawthorne canal ? My spirit always lifts as soon as I cross Marion St and head into the dog park and then round the Bay and I never tire of it. My daughter was playing football at Callan Park yesterday as you would have gone by. Hope to catch up with you at Homebush.
Post a Comment