Monday, June 12, 2006

11/6 - Homebush Hustle

I wish I could say that I woke this morning and my legs were shot from yesterday. The truth is that they were in pretty reasonable shape. I had intended on running with the 6.10am group this morning however missed them literally by about 1 minute(actually they took off a minute early if you ask me!). So off with the 6.20 group on which was slightly intimidating...Action, Fats, Sue Kelly,Grandpa, Springer.

To be honest within the first 5kms I knew I had bitten off more than I could chew. Whilst staying with the group I knew it was a matter of time before the pace would catch up on me.

Between 10 and 15kms the pace picked up and I held on, between 15 and 20kms I fell of the back but managed to keep them within 50 metres thanks only to a few obstacles.

By the time I reached the railway bridge and the 25 km short cut I was shot. I limped home the last few kms for around 2 hours on my feet. Again I know I was better for the run despite suffering. I do know that despite all my bleating and whinging about the pace that the rest of the group were doing it pretty comfortably. Also the last time I ran here the shoe was on the other foot so today was a nice leveller.

A good step forward with 2 tough runs in 2 days which will only make me stronger.

1 comment:

TA and the Gnome said...

Bru had the same trouble with the 6.10's who set off at 6.20 pace. But like you, boys will be boys and he stayed for the ride.maybe the next one won't be so hot!

TA