Hooked up with 26 for a longish run with a tempo effort in between. We reached CR5 and decided on a tempo effort up to CR0. We headed off and I knew Iwas in trouble when we reached CR4 and Steve said 3.57....fark, that felt a bit quicker than that! 26 then showed me what his backside looked like briefly as it dissapeared into the bleak darkness as we made our way up to Drummoyne Rowers. I just read Steves account of the run here:
http://bayrunners.blogspot.com
While Steve felt solid and in control, my effort revolved around getting to certain points without depositng my lunch along the way. I can honestly say that I couldnt have gone any harder and eventually finished my misery in 20.07.
On the run home I gave poor old 26 a bleeding ear about how hard the effort was and not knowing if I could get back to form. But the bottom line is that no-one said it would be easy. Keep chipping away, keep testing myself and be smart in my training.
On a positive note, as the legs were burning towards the end I kept thinking this run is another step forward and I would be better for it. It absolutely belted down on the way home but t was great to get out and about.
Great also to see the Flake out at the Bay, he has been hanging around there so much lately if he took the shirt off he would be classified as one of the bay boys!
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good to see you out again Nick. I think the bay boys would be offended if I took off my shirt, and so would all women! It was pretty humid last night so hard work out there in the fog.
Really good to see you firmly back on track Sf. Hope to see you sometime soon.
You are making great progress Nick. I would take a 20:07 for 5km if somebody offered it to me. Great to see you run past this morning, even if you were running incognito and not in your CR gear. ;-)
Post a Comment