Up early to run at the bay for do some longer repeats. These are about teaching the body to run harder longer. A bit of a balancing act though as if you bite off too much too soon, the quality goes down the toilet. Thats what happened this morning. I ran the first one and felt great a very controlled 7.59. Next one was 8.20 and struggled although on the hardest part of the bay with both sides of iron cove bridge taken in and around slippery grounds and puddles though Callan Park. The last one was a complete waste of time, 8.44 and a real battle. It felt like about 8.10 but the watch didnt lie when I took the split. On the positive side I know I worked really hard with that last one. So the spirit is willing - hopefully the legs will follow soon enough. But to be honest I was hoping to keep these all at around 8.00 minutes flat.
Man have I got some work to do. More consistency required but enjoyable to get out and about anyrate. This longer hitout will hopefully appear each fortnight with an increase in either the amount of reps or the length. A good honest hitout. Beat the rain again als.o
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment