My most enjoyable run of the year by the length of the Randwick straight.
After last weeks debacle I intended to not go out too hard today and most importantly just enjoy the run. I also ensured I arrived at Queens Park in time to take off with the 6.10 group. It was bloody brisk too as we headed off into the dark of Centennial Park. It was a brilliant group to run in, Mal and Lisa, Steve H, Orunner, Sawdust, Danielle L, Sue K just to name the ones I can remember off the top of the head.
Anyrate, apart from one person trying to do Guzzo impressions the group rattled of 5.00 minute kms pretty much the whole way through to the Bra(mainly thanks to Orunner, the guy has an invisible pair of reins thank goodness!) .
My plan today was to get to Maroubra and bring it home a bit quicker via the 25km track (about 8kms from the bra I reckon). We ran into Damian T and Bluedog at North Maroubra, both recovering from Nowra the previous day and had a chat before they headed long and I went short. From there I picked up the pace and managed to get back onto a group that included Jenny T, Jo C and Highway. Steve and I took the foot off the gas a bit and just got home basically. It was nice to have a chat, a very humble and inspirational person.
Actually there was a wealth of inspiring people to talk to this morning. I was on my feet for 2.20 minutes and I reckon I enjoyed about 2.05 of them. I really love stars sometimes. I am particularly keen to understand what sort of work different people are up to, very interesting to hear peoples training but probably more interesting is what shapes that training, kids, injuries, work etc etc. Everybody has a story if you are prepared to listen.
Next week will be the last 25km effort before I start ramping the long run up a little further. But to be on my feet for so long even if the distance wasnt there was really heartening. This week in a long time I have felt that I am moving in the right direction again. Just have to not let up and keep chipping away.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's one of the joys of the long run isn't it. Its great chatting to people, getting to know them and finding out the interesting little things (and sometimes big things!) going on in their lives or in their past.
Glad to hear you enjoyed this star and that you are feeling happier about your running in general. I agree how interesting it is to find out about our fellow runners.
TA
Post a Comment