Today was always going to be strange, as Kath would say to Kim 'I could feel it in me waters'...
I recently started reporting to a new person at work and to be nice we didnt really hit it off. I wont go into boring detail but I found myself feeling as though I was going into battle each day I arrived at work. Basically something had to give.
Well today it did. I was advised today that my new manager was being shown the door so to speak. There was no smug happy feelings - to be perfectly honest I feel lousy for the guy. But I took a position(that I always consciously endeavour to) of following a very simple ethos of 'do the right thing'. If anything I have a sense of being vindicated. There was (and still is) something intrinsically(sp) untrustworthy, non genuine and incredibly selfish about this person. But whilst they made my life at times incredibly stressful, I couldnt help but feel a bit empty for the guy. But at the end of the day I am just glad I wasnt the only one to notice.
Just had to get that off the chest.
Anyway I ran home from work same route as yesterday and a couple of minutes quicker. Had a too too close encounter with a car zipping out of a blind driveway opposite the naturopathy college in St Leonards. I ended up running into the side of a bonnet and passenger window, a split second earlier and I would have been cleaned up. The woman was very apologetic and it was one of those situations where there was no point getting upset - I told her it was okay but just slow down coming out of the driveway. It scared the bejesus out of me though. It was just one of those days that leave you on that line just underneath flat. Route attached.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=248656
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been there Nick, so I know the feeling (though in my case, it happened *after* I had given up and handed in my own resignation!). Don't worry about whether you feel smug - just be thankful that you won't be waking up feeling like you're going into a war zone every day.
Gnome
Post a Comment