I had a very busy day at work on friday so no running. I had decided to do my long run on the saturday as I was running the C2S with Samuel on Sunday. So out the door at 6.00am. I hooked into the 10 bridges from Catherine St, but ran down to the bay via Lilyfield Rd. 34kms in 2.45. Todays run had the lot - some good patches and some ordinary ones. I am really loving this as a training run because it is at you the whole way, no bludging. The 3 main benefits today were:
1. Time on the feet
2. Running the whole way by myself in my own little headspace
3. The last few kms - I had a bit of petrol left and on the flattish sections I was able pick it up a bit, goos for the confidence.
Historically I have missed the long run on this weekend but wanted to make sure I got it in this time. I am glad I did.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like you are still on track for Sydney Marathon Nick. Great to see mate.
Post a Comment