Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Grass loop

Todays grass loop was my idea of tempo pace. 5 laps of undulating without being balltearingly hilly grass loops of about 1.82km. Each lap got progressively quicker with the final time of 38.30 for 9.1kms. This is a good solid run with the benefit of being a bit easier on the legs and honest enough to remind me I have to work to keep it consistant.

Following is a rant about a complete tool of a cyclist who I crossed paths with today. Driving in Camperdown near the RPA in a 40km zone - this moron on a bike, with his mp3 plugged into his ears, went though a T intersection without giving way right in front of me. I braked, gave him a toot and he turned and pointed to his eyes (Focker style) as if to say to me use your eyes! Yes mate - I did use my eyes, because if I hadnt been watching for traffic coming out of the intersection you would have been sprawled over my bonnet with luckily only a block to get you to emergency...what an arrogant overconfident fool. I know too well what it is like to be on the receiving end of a bike/motorcar confrontation (through no fault of my own) so it never ceases to astonish me how (very much) a minority of cyclists have such scant regard obeying road rules, in particualr when they take there lives into there hands when they ride in a place like Sydney. I am the guy who will slow down to 20kms leaving bikes a safe space until there is room for everyone no matter how long it takes. I am patient and strongly believe in sharing the road but road rules are there for a reason. End of rant.

No comments: