Thanks to our neighbours having a party I managed a great quality 2 hours sleep after finally drifting off to sleep at 3.00am. As 26 said, I would have eventually fallen asleep earlier on any other night - apart from the night before you race.
Once I got going and down to Lane Cove I was alright. I certainly had sub 39 minutes in the plans. It really belted down in patches this morning and I love running in the rain so despite the poor sleep I felt quietly confident of cracking the 39 mark. But unfortuantely kms 5 & 6 put paid to those plans. I really struggled on the hills today, they gave me a good swift kick I can tell you. Just one of those mornings where every incline hurt. KM 9 was also a shocker and despite a good last km I eventually finished in 39.02. Still an 8 second improvement on last month on a harder course, but to be honest I know I can run quicker. Just got to get stronger in the legs and between the ears.
Whatever way I look at the run, it was a good honest hitout that gives me something to aim at next time.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great run Nick in tough conditions Nick. Well done! You are going to smash that sub-39 barrier next month at North Head
Post a Comment