Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Double up tuesday

Sounds impressive however I headed out at lunchtime to run a bit more stiffness out of the legs which were still quite leaden from the weekend. Headed down via the trail from the Pacific Hwy (in front of the ABC Tower) to River Road. Crossed Rvier Road and followed the trail alongside Gore Creek tro Greenwich, down to Shell Park, along the trail to Greenwich Wharf, past the baths the sailing Club, up the trail to the lookout back onto the road and loop back past the baths and the trail to Shell Park and up Greenwich Rd back to work. Sounds like a long way but its only about 9kms which I cant remember how long it took. By the end my legs felt better.

After performing bath and bed duties at home met 26 at Stanmore Station. Warmed up to to CR5 and did 3 * 3km reps with 1km/5.-5.30 recovery. The splits for me were 11.35, 11.35 and 11.35. I watched Steve dissapear on the last rep as he smashed the last 2kms out. I thought fleetingly about trying to match him but to be honest I didnt have it in my legs. The idea was to keep each rep at a minimum at 3.55 pace and to keep them consistent. Tick - tick & mission accomplished at the end of the last rep. A bloody good quality hitout.

The trip home was hard work, my legs felt absolutely wasted. We were being overtaken by pregnant snails on the trip home. That night I slept like a baby.

30kms for the day - a great confidence builder for the endurance. Time now to try and find some toe from somewhere!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nick, I hope all is well. Good luck for Sunday if you are running on Sunday. I'll be sure to give you a cheer again as you fly up the Cahill!