Speed week continued today...if only! This week was set aside to try and run a bit faster, next week I want to get back onto the hills to keep working on strength and endurance for a few weeks.
First time I have done my old version of 1km repeats on Gore Hill Oval for a very very long time...I am pretty certain it is the first time this year actually. Around 12 months ago I averaged these repeats in 3.28 with 90 second recoveries. Todays efforts were (repeat/interval):
3.36/1.29
3.34/1.27
3.34/1.31
3.38/1.31
3.39/1.30
3.43
What a struggle but good to get a benchmark down. One of the few sessions I do like to benchmark, as it really doesnt lie when it comes to telling you how you are travelling. What is telling me at the moment? Keep chipping away, some good signs but theres a bit of work to do yet.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment