Tuesday, August 08, 2006

3 by 2km repeats

My legs felt really chopped up after sunday so I took monday off completely. By tuesday night Iwas still a bit concerned about how they felt but I neednt have worried, tonights run was a belter. Caught up with 26 who suggested some 2km repeats with a 1km recovery. We ran down via Petersham Oval and hopped straight into a 2km repeat from cr5 in 7.13, 1km recovery, 7.12 to cr0, 5 minutes of gentle jogging and returned from cr0 to cr2 in 7.04. I had to wipe my eyes to get a second look at that last one as I didnt think it was as quick. As Ray James would say to me after a good hitout - 100% quality all the way. Steve mentioned on his blog that we wouldnt have managed the times without running with someone else...I agree entirely. However I sat on his shoulder for about 5.9 of the 6.0kms of repeats so I really did get dragged along. Repeat no 2 was the best, working the uphills and surging on the hills, really hardwork but you know you are stronger for the effort afterwards. After saturdays mild diddapointment, tonight was just the tonic my confidence needed. Next time I do this however the recovery needs to be reduced even if it comes at the expense of the interval itself.

2 comments:

vat_man said...

Wonder if it might have been worth getting out for an easy 15 minutes on some grass on Monday, 'fox, just to get the junk moving through the legs.

Superflake said...

Great reps there Nick. Looks like it is going the right way in the Speed dept.