Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dog loop Bay Run

I headed over to Montage this morning with fresh legs after being unable to run the past 2 days because of a training course. However, ahem, my usual call of nature went missing between getting ready and getting into the car, however made its presence felt about 3 steps into this mornings run. So a forced warm up if you will, at a cheek clenching pace (read very slowly and carefully!) to the first opened public amenity. The good lord deemed the saying 3rd time lucky was appropriate this morning and after a failed attempt at the rowers and KGV oval, I finally reached Brett Park and was 'relieved' to find an open door!

Being just on the start of the 5km challenge I decided to run the challenge course at a firm pace but without busting a boiler. I ran reasonably comfortably 4 minute pace for the first 3kms but the 4th km was a little slower. I needed to run a 3.50km to run under 20 minutes and managed to belt out a 3.40 with a bit of a concerted effort but leavig some petrol also.

Finished off with a run back to the car on the grass for the heels sake.

No comments: