Sunday, November 13, 2005

River Run

The last time I ran this star as in the lead up to Canberra. It was the day after 6ft track so it was a bit thin on the ground numbers wise but I ran that day with Leftie and Ben McSweeney. I am not sure why but I remember being absolutley belted by the run and literally limping home with fuel gauge on empty and the red light on.

Thankfully no Leftie today and Ben was hosting and not running. The very talented group that fronted on this magic sydney morning thankfully had very similar plans to myself and todays run was carried out at a much more civilised pace. The likes of Sue (whose interests must include making blokes feel inadequate on long runs!) Fats, Sawdust, Shaun, David Martin(Mr KT26) ran at a very civilised pace. All up 29kms in 2.25, including all stops, so around 4.50 pace.

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a talented group of runners & a lovely way to start the day. I hope your heal pulled up well after the run.

J.

Lulu said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full at the moment SF. Hope you find time to update every now and then. It's frustrating when work gets in the way of your life I find, which is why I ended up working for myself. Gives me marginally more control!

Ewen said...

Good to see you're over the heel problem SF. I'm very fond of 'civilised pace' on long runs.

TA and the Gnome said...

Nice to catch up with your goings on Nick. Hope work doesn't continue to be quite so demanding.

TA