Thursday, November 03, 2005

Gore Hill Repeats

Armed with some new found knowledge I restrapped my foot and walked to the Oval to run some short repeats today. Yesterday was about re introducing hills, today was about reintroducing some speed and still be able to be fresh come saturday. A bit of a balancing act. It was quite hot, low 30s but thankfully not too humid and with a bit of a breeze about. Normally I like to run 6 1km repeats before a race but I knew this would take too much out of me so opted for shorter and sharper intervals. I ran a 10 minute wam up and punched out 10 * 1 minute on/off followed by 10 * 30 seconds on/off, with a 5 minute warm down. Got harder the more I did but well worth it.

Again the strapping held the foot together nicely, along ewith the soft surface, this seems almost like a miracle cure. My confidence about running on saturday is now 100%, it won't be pretty but it wont be chew your arm off either.

No comments: