Sunday, November 06, 2005

sunday recovery run

My foot was quite sore this morning after yesterday. I restrapped and headed out for a very light run on the softest surfaces available around the bay run with the dog leg and Timbrell included. I parked near the bridge on Hawthorn Canal (near cr5) as I knew I could take advantage of the grassy surface for at least a km before I would have to run on concrete. I took it really easy today, I decided not to turn the watch on and just ease into it.

Once warm my heel was fine however I didnt strpa too well as I ended up with a blister on my forefoot, nothing too dramatic and my legs really appreciated the light hitout.

5 comments:

Lulu said...

It was great to meet you too SF and sorry we didn't get to chat after the race but I had to take the wet boys home! Hope to see you at Striders in the future as Mr Lulu is going to join. I might even run one or two myself!

miners said...

Hope your foot is feeling a little better today SF. Great to hear about your solid time on the weekend despite the preparations.

Tesso said...

I won't offer any advice on the PF, betcha you've had plenty. But having been there, done that, will offer sympathy - you poor thing :-(

Hope it clears up soon.

TA and the Gnome said...

Nick, it was great to see you quickly at Striders and glad you were reasonably happy with the time, all things considered.

Just one thing - can you take the word drab off your blog description please - it just ain't true :-).

TA

Superflake said...

Nick, What did you tell me about being injured. Rest up and allow it to heal and you will come back stronger. I think those were your words to me in August when I got my stress fracture. Let it heal, pardon the pun there and get it right for Canberra 3hr assault ok!