Okay, quick stretch and brush your teeth, dont forget to tape up. Hang on I will just have something quick to eat and remember to tape up. Dont forget some water and a banana for after the run, and make sure you tape up those man boobies. Keys check, shoes check, foot strapped up check, off we go. I discovered about 5kms into my run that in typical type b behaviour my inability to manage more than 1 task at a time was doing my very sensitive nips no favours whatsoever.
But at that very moment I believed I had crossed to the other side of being a hard pecked no bounce running adonis. A quick survey of the general area showed no signs of damage (read no unsightly telltale stain in general area!). For a fleeting moment moment I felt I was now one of the chosen few. I then contemplated running in a singlet made of sandpaper to be sure. Finally I was a free man...
The plan today was to run a firm lap and a 3km warm down. But something happened in those 8 or so minutes between 5kms and the finish that reminded me how quickly things can change. Suddenly the silky drifit material that was barely noticable against my rock like chest had transformed into a singlet of razorwire tearing into my butterbean proportioned man boozwas.
I finished the run and any thought of a warmdown was given its due consideration in the circumstance. Needless to say we made our way home awaiting our punishment by shower. Kids, dont forget to tape up!
A good run still, a firm 27.50 in very nice running conditions. Expected to run well however as I had not run the previoous day. The foot felt fine afterwards also. Will head out to SMC tommorow and try and hang on.
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Certainly gave me a chuckle silverfox - hope everything is feeling much better. Oh, and by the way, don't forget to tape up on your next run!!!! ;-)
Post a Comment