Wednesday, November 09, 2005

JP Morgan Challenge

This is 1 of my very favourite events. A fairly willing but short and sweet race followed by a few beers in one of Sydney's most beautiful settings bathed in the glint in the eye of Sydneys summer. It is pretty much the last event of the year so it is an opportunity to finally let the hair down.

The run itself is around 20 minutes of pain. It is that sort of distance where it is short enough(5.6kms) to warrant going very hard from the get go but long enough to remind you if you have got your pacing wrong. In all honesty I have never done this race without contemplating walking. And so it was tonight.

My aim was to run under 21 minutes and I managed that by 11 seconds, running 20.49. But I was endeavouring to get a little closer to 20 minutes and was hoping a big race occasion may drag a little extra out of me. However I really clagged at about 3kms.

Still a 29 second pb for the event and a fantastic evening with the beers flowing freely (pity I was driving) and a great carnival atmosphere. Great to catch up with so many before and after.

No comments: