The only time I ahve been more nervous before a race this year was in Canberra. I wasn't desparately bad but had to really check myself to keep calm as I drove over to Lane Cove in the morning. The heavens openned up which didnt faze me too much, I love running in the rain, but unofrtunatley it stopped so it made for quite humid conditions but nothing desperately bad.
As always the simple act of catching up with so many good friends was well worth the effort to be there first thing. Part of the attraction for me is that so many diverse individuals of different abilities are drawn together purely because they share the same passion. The fact that someone is 10 minutes faster or slower is of little consequence, there is a real commeraderie and honest appreciation for people of all abilities. In particular it was nice to meet Lulu this morning, our team H captain.
As far as the run went I was pretty happy with the outcome without being in raptures. To run under 38 minutes today after the leadup I had was a relief more than anything. I had several great duels whilst running today in particular with Andrew T, Dave B, Coaster and John D. I got to 3kms and was pretty cactus, I literally just ground it out today, in particular 3-5kms and 8-9kms.
All up my 10km running was really consistent this year, but next year I am looking to raise the bar a little higher. Looking forward to this new challenge.
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No wonder you were nervous with the build-up you'd given yourself over the previous few days (go back and have another look at what you wrote each day during the week). Glad it turned out OK for you on Saturday.
sfG
Post a Comment