Sunday, September 25, 2005

2 laps of the bay

I intended to either run the star or smc his morning but a evening of enjoying both the swans and the tigers victories saw a little sleep in. I heventually got out the door and headed to the bay for 2 laps at 7.00am.

My only wish today was for even pacing. This meant if I started out too hard Iwas going to ahve to hang on at the end. I didnt go out desperately hard but was sitting on 4.10 pace pretty much the whole way through. It became a little uncomfortable after 4kms and I really just held on for most of the run. My rythym seems to have deserted me at the moment, it is hard work at present, but I know I am still running with a bit of Sydney in my legs still. I am surprised though just how much it took out of me. I am confident that I will be back into the swing of things in a week or so, when I hope to see some benefit of the marathon.

Happy to see Owl and Jen Runs out this morning, both looking very good. Wanted to stop and have a chat but I knew that would have been the end of me today. I finished my 2 laps in 57.45 in nice even splits, despite working pretty hard for most of the run.

Tommorow is another day and hope springs eternal!

1 comment:

Jen said...

It was great to see you yesterday morning Nick. You were looking really comfortable - the Owl & I, on the other hand, had only just started!!

J.