Thursday, September 01, 2005

1km repeats at the bay

I organised to run this evening with 26. We cruised down to the bay via Stanmore until we reached the 'cr5' marker, where we set off to do 1km repeats. It was quite windy from the south and I knew that some of the return repeats were going to be tough work back into the breeze. I was also looking forward to running these accurately marked repeats because I have had a lingering doubt about the distance at the usual place I run these(Gore Hill Oval).

The repeats were as follows with 90 second recovery:

3.17
3.23
3.24
3.31
3.29
3.34

Normally I would be a little dissapointed with the blow out but the reality is the 2 3.30 repeats were run into the teeth of a very stiff wind, so apart from rep number 1, the conistency was pretty good. It also tells me that the distance i have marked out for my repeats at Gore Hill Oval is pretty close.

I am really enjoy running with Stephen, he just seems to have a real grip on whats important, whether it be running or chatting about life general. While I appreciate the benefit I get from these tough sessions, just getting out and having a chat with good people like 26 is the I love most about running.

No comments: