I got home just after 9.00pm last night after a solid interval session and had to be running by 5.15am to meet Ray James at the iron cove bridge at 5.30am. Ray is one of my favourite people, in and out of running. He is one of the most generous people with his knowledge (I havent tried to bludge $50 out of him yet, but I will let you know how I get on if I do!). He doesnt stand on a soapbox telling you how to do things but he will always offer sensible advice when you ask. He also has an uncanny ability to simplify what appears complicated and to be able to communicate that. His love of running is infectuous also, just a really positive person to be around when running.
As a rule we tend to run fairly slowly together and today we chewed the fat re next week. I have decided to head out at sub 3 hour pace next week, but will be ready to pull the pin early if I can see the signs that I will not be able to hang on. So a plan a with a plan b caveat so to speak!
On the down side my heel is bloody sore after last night but should be fine come tmrw. Next week I can finally give myself a chance for these niggles to get better.
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment