I finally threw on the runners again on Saturday. 5 days of no running and to be quite honest I enjoyed having a spell. I left the watch at home. I am hopeless as despite being a recovery run I inevitably take a km split and before you know it you are racing the watch.
I got about 1.5kms into my run when I bumped into Aunty and Truckie coming in the opposite direction. I joined them for a liesurely run and chat. It was fantastic to run into these 2 as we very rarely run together but they are 2 of my favourite people I have met through running. Very passionate about their own running, constantly challenging themselves, but typically the first people to help others out, whether it is via striders, cr or wherever. Quality all the way.
Sunday I took the rabbit out in the stroller. The rabbit got a bit jack of the stroller and decided she wanted to walk from Drummoyne rowers to half way across the iron cove bridge. Saw heaps of crs out, but nice to see Will(shadow) and his young fella out for the first time since injury and postbirth. So a total of 14kms for the week, but a very pleasant 14kms.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You gotta love those couple of weeks post marathon when you are in 'recovery mode'. You can just go out and run - it doesn't matter how far or how fast.
I'm enjoying it so much I might allow myself an extra long recovery ;-)
Post a Comment