There was something about my run on thursday that reflected how I had felt for the last month or so. I had just come to the realisation that just about every time I stepped out the door to run, there was an edge to my running. An edge of being stressed, being competitive, frustrated, scared, upset, impatient, whatever. I had been too caught up to race, but had still headed out most days thinking in a way I was. I really cant describe that feeling to anyone else reading, but I know myself that I will look back on this post and know exactly. The day wasnt kethartic(sp), it was just the last day I knew I had before things would change for a wee while. But I reflected on the emotions and how I had ended up at where I was that day and indeed today.
I dont mean to get introspective, I just want to be able to remember where I was between the ears. The last few months have been tough. But I know down the track there will be tougher times that make 'that' period feel like salad days. You just hope that you take from today what you need to deal with tommorow.
So as the title suggests we were blessed today to be graced with the presence of a beautiful baby boy Samuel Nicholas. Unashamedly I will say that the keys in front of me are blurred with tears of unabated joy. And like his old mans take on the last couple of months, his entry into this world wasnt the smoothest, but boy, it was worth the wait. Words do not do justice. Happy to advise that Mum and number 2 are now both well and dad has just fallen in love again. The rabbit was also taken by todays (and any) event that involves a party and presents!
Time now to get some sleep. Will update the above and the running hopefully tmrw, just wanted to pass on the good news and pen some thoughts.

11 comments:
Fox - So, so good news. I'm glad you're recording this for your own sake (I've been there, and going back later to read what you've written can be so rewarding), but I'm glad that we've had the chance to read it too.
Best of luck to Mum and Samuel (and you and the rabbit too of course :-)
sfG & TA
Nic,
Congratulations to you and Mum and the rabbit and the new CR samuel.
Happy that it has all finally come to fruition for you and your family. Good luck with the new boy around the house.
Congratulations to you and Mother on the birth of your son - and thank you for leaving such a touching comment on my blog on this special day for you and your family. I look forward to our chat. J
Congratulations to you and Nicky SF. Great to hear that Samuel has finally decided to grace you with his presence. I am sure he will doing plenty of that for a while now. Hope everything goes well for all of you and you soak up the experience and remember it always.
Welcome Samuel ! Congrats to all the silverfox family - wonderful news. Steve.
Congratulations, so glad to hear everything went well and little Samuel has finally made an appearance.
Very happy to see 'lil fox' has finally made an appearance safe and sound and good to hear than mum and rabbit are doing well too. I nearly needed a Kleenix reading your blog...
:-)
Congrats!
Mel
PS: Pics soon?
Finally!! Bet Mum's relieved and am glad to hear that despite a few hiccups, everyone is doing well.
Nice posting Nick
Congratulations! Great to hear all ended happily with the entry of Samual into the world. I wish you and the rest of the SF family lots of happy times together.
Great news Silverfox,
All the best to you and your's!
Well done and congratulations SF !
Post a Comment