Sunday, July 10, 2005

The bun is still in the oven

I will roll the 2 weekend runs into 1 post. We are still awaiting number 2, despite our best efforts to bring it along. We really have been enjoying each others company lately. I quite like the colder weather, it really lends itself to doing homey/family types of things. We did a lot of cooking, watched a lot of wiggles and took the rabbit to her first trip to the movies today. A cousin dropped over on saturday evening & he & his wife have just gone onto his wives family's property near Cooma. So we really didnt have anything to complain about comparitely re the weather!
Saturday 9 July
I am normally a good early morning riser but for the last 2 weeks I have struggled out of bed. I think I am stockpiling on sleep in preparation for number 2. on saturday I was out the door by 7, when normally I would be getting home at this point. But it was a nice morning for running and I decided on a bay lap with the dog loop.
I have been stuck on the hills for my last 3 runs so I wanted to let out the choke a little today and see how this translated for my endurance over a flatter run. Iwas really pleased to run a very controlled 36.10, for the 9kms - tough going for a good portion but with a bit of speed left in the legs. I was even more pleased considering the lack of intervals I have been doing lately.
I will endeavour to do 1 interval session a week over the next few months, however it will take a back seat to endurance building/maintenence if push comes to shove. There is no poin in able to run 3.45kms if you clag after 3kms.

Sunday 10 July
I headed out from home to the bay at lunchtime today when the rabbit went down for her sleep for my longer run. This has gone from 30-32kms about 6 weeks ago to 17kms recently. It is a totally different to a proper long run, somewhat faster but with a view to maintaining some semblance of an endurance base. That wind was something else also. I got onto Iron Cove Bridge and was worried I was going to get blown over the rail! It was absolutely blowing a gale! The run back home was a real slog into the teeth. Managed 1.18 for the 17.5kms but it was good to have got out the door. I think you can chalk up another win between the ears when you get out on days like today, they really strengthen resolve, inparticular when you have every excuse to stay indoors.
So despite not running for 3 days in a row and 2 days this week, I still managed over 55kms for the week. Not massive ks, but quality ones. I cant make any promises going forward though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

make sure you let us know when #2 arrives... i am checking regularly here!