Monday, July 25, 2005

The Champagne Supernova Run

One of the best things about getting one of these new fancy pants MP3 players is going through your old cds and picking and choosing tunes that you havent listened to in eons. Such was the case with Oasis, Whats The Story. Heaps of catchy tunes that just dont quite cut the mustard...apart from Champagne Supernova. I had forgotten I had slotted it in but it came on and I was transformed back 10 years to a time where you attempted to glean some obtuse meaning from lyrics of the songs of 'just past my' generation. Truth be known, Oasis were probably significantly post my generation but its nice to remember the times where you at least made an attempt. As far as the song went I never really worked this one out but all I know it gave me a sense of hanging in there and good things would eventually come around.

I am not the smartest bloke in the world but I like to think that this simple philosophy(along with others) has served me well in life. After the events leading up to last saturday I have felt revived in many aspects of life. It is incredible the energy and clarity you get from kids. You can see in number 2 a peaceful nature that all the money and pretences in the world cannot buy. I feel really blessed (and scared) that I am in a position to help him evolve into a decent human being with the tools the good lord has given him.

So after 3 days off my feet I managed to get out for a run from home to the bay and back when the rabbit and number 2 synchronised there sleep at midday. I was feeling quite fresh so was able to manage in around 1.12. The bay lap was tough going but I wanted to push it. A really satisfying run and the first time I have run in some time without a fog to clear before heading out.

No comments: