Mother is project manager in her other life and what she is finding hard to deal with is an unborn baby's inability to follow a Gann Chart! Project number 2 was clearly marked to be delivered on the 6th of July! For the first time in a while she was a bit upset today, wanting things to be over. I use the analogy of training for a really big race that you have spent months mentally and physically preparing for. Then on race day the organiser says, sorry, we arent starting today, come back tommorow and I will think about it again then!
I forgot to take the bloody mobile tracking device today but headed out after clocking in to make sure it was okay. A despondant mother verbally approved. I had been toying with incorporating some of the harbourside hike star into a shorter run, in particular around Shore School where there was one hill that really left an indelible memory of pain. So I headed out from work up the Pacific Highway, through the Lane Cove shopping area, down Burns Bay Road, up beside Iggys, past Tambourine Bay, back onto River Road to work.
I really really enjoyed this toughish run. The first section along the highway was reasonably flat, then headed down hill to River Road, a sharp climb up to Iggys, a fantastic bush trail back to River road and a testing few kms of rolling hills to finish. I managed this run of 10kms in jusy under 45 minutes and it was a quality 45 minutes for sure.
These sort of runs will allow me to hang on to some form of fitness. They will be the base for another attempt to push the pbs in 6 - 9 months time. More importantly, they are enjoyable - you would be pretty hard to please if you didnt find a run like this a pleasure.

No comments:
Post a Comment