Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bridge Run and still no baby

6 days over (7 actually as I am writing for the previous day).There is nothing more distracting than to spend 3 weeks waiting for a phone to ring. It reminds me of when I first started dating...except substitute 3 weeks for 3 years!
Mother is very despondant at the moment, but she seems to coping quite well. Good things come to those who are patient. This is actually a motto I have taken into my running this year with good effect. Incremental improvements in speedwork, not charging out of the blocks in races, working on solid even pacing, fruits of being patient.
Today I headed over the bridge and back which is around 12kms. In this same run I did last week I went out very hard and died coming back. Today I backed off early and endeavoured to run back with within 30 seconds of the first half split. I arrived at the southern steps of the bridge in 25.17 and came back in 25.26 which included a 20 second chinwag with Highwayman who i bumped into on the bridge. So I actually negative split this run which I am stoked with, considering the climb back up to Crows Nest in the second half of this run.
It reminded me to be patient and to get my pacing sorted. I felt very controlled and comfortable today at a reasonable pace. I especially love running on the bridge. I know people walk all over the place but if I was a visitor I reckon I would be checking out the view too! One of my favourite runs this one.

6 comments:

Lulu said...

I love running the bridge too..still gives me a buzz that I actually live in Sydney, rather than London. I hope the baby gets a wiggle on and pops out soon!

Unknown said...

Silverfox, thank you so much for those lovely comments on my blog after the GC marathon....another one that had its hellish moments! I can only hope that you & others who have left comments of suchencouragement, realize how much you have lifted my spirits & they were pretty low by the end of the marathon & in the couple of days after when I was still in a lot of pain. Thank you again for your kind words.

Superflake said...

Hang in their mate. It will come when you least expect it. No experience from my area on that though. And the running still looks good too.

Martin said...

I can feel it coming on in the next day Nick, so not long now mate! All the best for when it does happen! Mart

CJ said...

Good run SF. Hope we hear good news soon (read: baby!). Poor Mother - I feel for her, having been there, done that - the waiting is soooo frustrating.

Horrie said...

SF, is the reason you haven't posted for a few days because your new addtion has arrived? Looking forward to the news.