I have had the last week off and I must say that it has been the most pleasant week I can remember in ages. Number 2 has settled into the fox routine well (touch wood!). My duties this week have revolved around keeping an eye on the rabbit and picking up number2 in between feeds and either burping him or changing his nappy.
The rabbit and I are great mates, she knows how to ride dad but always seems to come through the other side smelling of roses! I dont know how I can describe how the simple act of having a bowl of weetbix or sitting on the couch watching Postman Pat with the rabbit can give such an incredible amount of pleasure. Around number 2 she has been just brilliant but there have been some pretty fair tanties thrown in also. So my key task this week was to keep her occupied. Thankfully we have had plenty of visitors and family to help out, however their focus understandably has been elsewhere!
This week we have been to Kindy Gym, Play Group, Mothers Group, the park, the shops, running, picking up grandparents, its been unreal. We have spent some great time together. I plan to make sure I spend more time with the whole fox clan and this could mean a change in work situation. Whether that be working a day or 2 from home or doing something different I am not sure. All I know is I dont want to squander the following couple of years, I realise even more so now how precious it is.
On to running - I have had a very solid week despite all that is going on. Yesterday we ran a lap of the bay in 31 minutes(30.59) before deducting 45 seconds for the iron cove bridge steps. So a solid lap with the pram.
Today I decided to run the 5km challenge at around midday as I couldnt make tmrw. I parked the car at montage, jogged around to the rowers and headed off. I got through the 1st km in 3.32 and felt good. I kept up the momentum in the second km however discovered when I went to take my 2nd km split that I had hit the stop button as opposed to the split button. I was very cross with myself and contemplated pulling the plug. However I decided to keep going. So I now have a 5km time minus a km and a smidge of 14.25. I am never very confident in splits however if I took my worst 1km split from the other 4 and added a couple of seconds to get everything sorted starting the watch again, Iwas looking at low 18 minutes.
Absolutely wrapped with that considering. I am quietlyu confident that I am going to be able to get to the start of the marathon in September, but mustnt get ahead of myself, a week at a time at this point.

2 comments:
Fox, spend as much time with them as possible, but working from home doesn't do it. You either don't get to spend any time with them, or you don't get any work done... :-(
Take every opportunity though. It's worth it :-)
sfG
They grow up so quickly so make the most of their time now and the next few years. Good to see you're still managing to run (and decent times too) given all that's going on at home. Well done!
Post a Comment