Saturday, July 16, 2005

Patience is a virtue

Now I can empathise with bloggers who have found it hard to post when injured. There is nothing more difficult than to sit in front of a keypad or blank piece of paper when you really dont want to. But the blog was set up to measure the good the bad and the ugly and how with hindsight it all fitted together.
There is no news unfortunately on the baby front, number 2 is now 10 days past due date. This is weighing heavily on both of us, in particular mother. I am also very busy at work and quite stressed. When you are busy at work you tend to be less motivated to run but it is the best thing you can do for your sanity. Luckily I am aware of this and always endeavour to get out the door even when I least feel like it, because I know it is almost an instant calm pill when my legs start ticking over.
Mother had another ultrasound yesterday and the baby is very healthy and all plumbing appears to be normal. The midwife also reaasured her and she came home feeling a lot less despondent than of recent.
I have run twice since last tuesday. I was too busy on wednesday with work. On thursday I did a good hilly tempo run out to Iggys via Lane Cove of 10kms in 45 mins. It is the same run as I did last thursday. An excellent quality run.
I was also too busy on friday to run. I ran today down at the bay. I didnt head out to bust a gut but just started running and something in my head clicked and said go hard. I managed a lap of the bay in 27.10, no warm up, no warm down. I just ran. Without checking them along the way I took splits and was happy to discover they were very even. It was one of those runs where you ask yourself how would this equate in a race. But I dont think you can emulate that extra 'whatever' percent in training. But it was nice to feel as though I havent slipped too far.
I am tempted to run the star tmrw morning but will wait and see. I havent checked where it is tmrw, but I think it might be leaving from Drummoyne which is close enough to home. Todays run said that I have managed to hold some semblance of speed but that will dissapear if I dont keep up the long run.
I also reckon if I turn up, something will happen!

1 comment:

CJ said...

When is this baby coming?! I bet your wife is feeling like she'll be pregnant forever. Hope to hear some news soon.