Tuesday, July 19, 2005

dont overcook the turkey


No news on number 2 front. It has now unfortunately more than likely come down to inducement. We are disappointed, however thankful that we are able to access the excellent facilities and staff at the RPA birth centre. Thats life, you take the good and the bad. Mother is dealing with this news remarkably well, I was expecting tears, but in her own way she just moves on to plan B. She really is quite a person. I am trying to find the right words to describe how much I admire and love her but none do justice. It always seems to be in these tough moments I find something new to respect and admire her for.
I ran both monday and tuesday at lunch and ran very well on both days. On monday I had a recovery run out to Balls Head in just over 40 minutes. One of those runs where everything creaked and complained for the first 5 minutes but came good by the end. Worked the hills and some bloody good hills in this run, but generally ran within myeslf.
Today I did the bridge run and creamed my best time by 40 seconds. I actually managed to negative split the run back up the hill by 2 seconds. I finished in 47.38, my first time under 48 for this run. I did the same run last week in just over 50 mins.
It was one of those rare days where I felt in total control of my pacing and with a little more to give. The last few weeks have been very difficult and along with a drop in kms it has impacted on my running. But with a long run under the belt again and a clearer head, it felt like I was heading in the right direction.
Hope to post some good news soon in relation to number 2.

6 comments:

miners said...

At least your legs are behaving themselves, as opposed to number 2! Great run Fox!

Superflake said...

Nic,
Thanks for your comments on my blog. Appreciate it very much. Hope nbr 2 fox can come on it's own. Keep up the running and hopefully less waiting.

Jen said...

SF,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind comments on my blog (particularly at this special time for you). I must confess that it brought tears to my eyes. I really appreciate it.

I looking forward to hearing about the arrival of no. 2.

J

Anonymous said...

Your comments about your wife are fantastic...!

Now, you do realise Number 2 may turn out to be a stubborn little Miss or Mister don't you.... that could be a good thing if they get into running...

Hoping for good news soon!

Unknown said...

Yes, it's so good to read your comments about baby #2 & mother, Silver Fox; you must be 'quite a person' yourself.

Glad you approved of the 'day of wine & friends'; I can't imagine life without both!

Keep posting re baby #2...waiting anxiously for more news!

Horrie said...

It's great to read how you are coping with waiting for number 2 Nick. Very nice to hear you talk in such glowing terms about your wife. Where would we be without a good woman in our lives? Also nice to hear that the running is going well again.