Thursday, October 20, 2005

6 * 1km repeats

I hooked up at lunch today with Vat at Gore Hill Oval to belt out some 1km repeats. I rememebr blogging a couple of weeks ago about running my best one in 3.32. Boy, what a difference today.

We did a quick 2 lap warm up and ran our own sessions Vat did 5 as per coaches instruction and I did my routine 6. Todays efforts were the best I have managed in some months and the repeats/recoveries were as follows:

3.21/96
3.27/85
3.29/87
3.31/92
3.30/92
3.28

As pleased with the reps as I was I was just as pleased to not skive in my recovery. I had a great chat to Vat in the recovery about quality type training and keeping it fresh. I really love picking his brains about different sessions and he suggested to me shorter intervals and I think over summer to keep fresh I will try some different stuff.

I have a good range of different runs on different terrain and surfaces. But what I am finding is that for particular runs, I pretty much run it the same every time. I am going to endeavour to mix it up a bit over the next month or so, at least for 1 or 2 runs a week, whereby I do something completely new.

Never stop exploring.

1 comment:

Jen said...

'Never stop exploring' is the motto I think that we should all adopt.

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I truly appreciate it. You are right; fear has been creeping into my head. However it is not going to stop me :-)

J.