I caught up with an oldworkmate today. Every blue moon we arrange to meet somewhere on the bridge at 12.30 (he coming from town, me from the toff side) depending on who is running on time/late and then do a loop around the bridge luna park etc. I was running horribly late so set off like a startled hare to the bridge and sure enough just as I arrived at the northern steps he was coming down. We looped down the eastern side of the bridge, around the foreshore in front of Luna Park to Lavender Bay and up King ? St, a bloody killer climb, I looped back down to the bridge and back to work in 51 minutes.
Frankie was one of the guys I used to work with who was a big part of my introduction to more formal running. He is struggling a bit these days, but boy on his day a few years back he was a bloody good runner. He was always very supportive and encouraging, something I appreciated and have hopefully taken on board also. Nice to catch up.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love your "tinmanitis" term.. know exactly what you mean after a long run.. not that mine are a long as yours!
Post a Comment